listbuilder

Wednesday 20 November 2013

How to Make Sure Your Dreams Never Die

How to Make Sure Your Dreams Never Die




Expert Author Jason Jeter
In this article I want to talk about your dreams. Every one of us has dreams, whether big or small. But, unfortunately we don't always reach our goals. Sometimes we even lose our dreams at a young age. And to lose your dream, is like losing part of yourself.
For me, the dream was baseball. I started playing baseball since before I can even remember. I played in elementary school, middle school, and up until high school. And I was always pretty good. The only thing I ever wanted to do was to play baseball professionally. But, I didn't realize that talent alone wouldn't get me there. You have to have a work ethic and mental toughness, which I lacked.
Once I hit high school, I just expected to start playing great and get drafted out of high school or go to college to play. Well, that didn't happen.
Instead I quit after my sophomore year. I told myself I quit because of 2 reasons, the coach and a girl. But the real reason I quit was because of myself. I didn't have the drive to succeed, and I blamed it on others.
Now, whenever I go to a baseball game I always think, "What if?" And it hurts, I wish that I didn't give up and I even sometimes think about getting back into it, but it's too late for me. Sports are the one thing you can't just jump right back into and play at a super high level like Major League Baseball.
Our dreams are very fragile.
Now that you know what happened with my dreams, I want to make sure that you have the ability to keep your dreams alive and if they are dying, the necessary means to revive them!
I'm going to give you the steps to keeping your dreams alive. If I was able to implement these back in the day, I definitely would have. So check them out and make sure to implement them!
1. Support - There is nothing better than having somebody or somebodies rooting for you to succeed. When you have somebody that will support your dream and that doesn't let you quit, your dream will take off.
2. Hang out with people who have your same dreams - You can do this in many ways, you can befriend these people, find them in a discussion forum, work with them, etc. Whatever it is, having people around you who have the same dreams will help a ton.
3. Find a mentor - Having someone who can coach you to your dream is HUGE! This is probably the number one recommendation I would make.
4. Research - Read and apply everything you can to help you reach your dream.
5. Visual Reminders - Keep the images of your dreams around you at all times. For me, I should of posted pictures of different baseball players and the baseball fields I wanted to play at. Do something like this so you can keep your dream around you at all times.
Do these things and you will be well on your way to achieving your dreams!
Do you want to learn more about this topic? If so, check this out
Jason Jeter is the Founder and CEO of The Dream Big Team. Created with the sole purpose of inspiring and changing the lives of 1 million people.

No comments:

Post a Comment